You always told me to be strong,
no matter what, you'd always be here.
Well look at you now, laying there in that bed.
I doubt you can even hear me.
But I'm gonna talk anyways,
because that's the only way I can stay strong.
These past few weeks, they've been painful.
Your parents are talking about pulling that plug, you know.
Makes 'em sick, watching you lay there.
You're already dead to them.
But not me.
You're way too alive to me.
Remember the night up at the ridge?
You took me right up to the edge,
held me in your arms and told me,
"If you ever fall, I will ALWAYS be there to catch you."
But look now,
you fall, once, and I can't do a thing.
You rode that bike every day,
nothing was too dare-devilish for you.
I saw how careful you are,
I KNOW how careful you are.
If only that dog hadn't run across the highway,
if only you'd hit it.
You should be with me and the dog like this!
It shouldn't be this way!!!
I can't lose you,
not now. not this way.
You gotta stay here with me, to catch me when I fall.
God knows I'll fall.
I can't stay at my house,
your place was the only one I've ever called "home".
If I go back he'll hit me again and you know I'll fall.
I'll fall without your love,
I need you to hold my hand.
I love you so much.
Please come back, I can't let you go.
Please...
Nurse!
Nurse, he's opened his eyes, come quick!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment